Everyone wants to have a unique piercing. This is a natural desire to have something different. Maybe you want to have a piercing to expose yourself as a bold & courageous personality. Let us tell you about a type of piercing, which is not common. The fact is that a tongue piercing is not very common to have. Let us tell you about Venom Piercing, which is also called frog eyes piercing or venom bites piercing.
Table of Contents
What Is A Venom Piercing
Venom Piercing is a symmetrical double tongue piercing in which two horizontal perforations are made on the tongue. Due to its resemblance with venom teeth of a snake, it is also called venom bites. It is sometimes referred to as frog eyes piercing because it looks like the eyes of a frog. Venom Piercing makes you look scary and catchy at the same time.
The fact is that tongue piercings are not very common due to the complexity & aftercare involved. But still, it is becoming famous in both genders.
Pros & Cons Of Frog Eyes Piercing
As we have mentioned earlier that a tongue piercing is not very common, but the way it changes your personality makes it worthwhile to have. Confused about the pros and cons of Venom Bites? Let us mention some.
- It heals quickly. You don’t need to worry about the healing time and stick to the strict guidelines for a longer time.
- Venom bites do not bleed too much.
- You can easily hide a Venom Piercing. It will only become visible when you open your mouth to show it.
- It is a unique type of piercing which changes your personality and makes you look bold and a risk-taker. Venom Piercing is fashionable and trendy at the same time.
- Frog Eyes Piercing can easily be combined with other facial piercings.
- Venom piercing can damage tooth and gum. We have mentioned below some more risks in detail.
- It can cause speech impediments.
- You can face eating difficulties after having venom bites piercing.
- You may have scars on your tongue.
- Multiple perforations involved which make the procedure more painful.
Procedure Of Venom Bites
Venom Piercing procedure starts with finding a professional piercer in your area. Make sure that the piercer is experienced and has a good reputation.
Just be relaxed for the procedure. You will be asked to rinse your mouth with an anti-bacterial mouthwash.
The professional piercer will mark the spot with a surgical pen where he intends to make the perforation for venom bite. He will hold the tongue with a surgical clamp and make the perforation with a hollow needle. After the perforation, initial jewelry will be used to finalize the procedure.
You will be given the aftercare instructions which you must follow to avoid any chance of infection.
Pain Level Of Venom Piercing
The fact is that each individual has a different level of pain tolerance. The pain level depends on several factors. The piercer is one of those factors.
The reason for a level 4 pain level is multiple perforations involved during the procedure. But you must not worry about the pain level. Because the way venom bites look after the procedure will make you forget everything about the pain.
Healing Time & Aftercare
The first thing you think after having a venom piercing procedure is the healing time. The fact is that healing time depends on several factors, including. Mainly it depends upon the aftercare followed.
You must stick to the guidelines and change your everyday routine until the venom bites completely heal.
- Maintain better oral hygiene
- Avoid changing or playing with the initial jewelry.
- Use a soft toothbrush
- You must rinse your mouth with a good anti-bacterial mouthwash after each meal
- Avoid alcohol because it works as a blood thinner.
- Gargle with salt water (3-4 times a day)
- Avoid spicy and hot food items. Instead, use soft food items, including mashed potatoes & smoothies.
- Do not use a shared spoon, cup or even avoid sharing any food item
- Avoid kissing and oral sex until it heals
- Avoid removing the jewelry
- Keep following the aftercare instructions and stick to the guidelines
Read About Tongue Piercing Aftercare Guide
Tongue Piercing Aftercare (Video)
How To Clean A Tongue Piercing (Video)
Signs Of an Infected Venom Piercing
You must keep following the aftercare instructions, but still, there are chances to have an infection. You must be aware of the symptoms of infected frog eyes piercing.
- Excessive swelling & redness
- Continuous Pus discharge
- Severe pain that does not go away
- If you start having a fever
- Tongue color changes (green, purplish yellow or even black)
When you see any of the symptoms, stop following the aftercare instructions, and consult your doctor immediately.
Risks Of A Venom Piercing
There are several risks involved in a tongue piercing. You must be aware of those risks before you decide for frog eyes piercing.
- You may face speech impediments and eating difficulties. It may occur due to the restricted tongue mobility
- You may experience loss of sensation
- Jewelry you use may keep slamming against gum and teeth, causing gum and teeth erosion. Be careful where exactly you would have jewelry.
- You may feel a problem in chewing
- If gone wrong (nerve damage), you may face serious health issues
- You may face a problem of infection due to the jewelry you select. Always select the jewelry made with hypoallergenic material.
- Your body may reject the external object causing the problem of migration or rejection.
Best Jewelry For Venom Piercing
The jewelry has a significant impact on how you will look with the new piercing. There are multiple choices, and you can select the jewelry of your choice.
- Straight barbell (different colors, with or without beads)
- Barbell and ring (may be used as a set)
- Double tongue ring having a bead or various shapes
You must be careful while selecting the jewelry for your venom bites. It is essential to reduce any chance of allergy or infection. Select the jewelry made with hypoallergenic material such as gold, titanium, or surgical steel.
Cost Of Venom Piercing
In the United States, it may cost around 40$ to 80$. While in the UK cost is around £30 to £80 whereas in Europe the cost of Frog Eyes Piercing is approximately €35 to €100. Also, note that the price is just for an idea. Charges may vary due to a lot of other factors
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I change the jewelry after two weeks?
No. You must not change your initial jewelry until it heals completely. Avoid changing it before six weeks.
What should I prefer eating during the healing process?
You must eat food that is easy to chew and swallow. You can have yogurt, mashed potatoes, baby food, soups, etc.
How much does venom piercing hurt?
On a pain scale meter having a level 1 (least painful) to a level 10 (most painful), the Venom Piercing is a 4.