If you are looking for an evident and beautiful ear piercing, then you are on the right page. Ear piercing is undoubtedly the most loved one around the globe. Rook Piercing is one of the ear piercing types, which is for those who want to have something different and unusual. Rook piercings are famous among both genders. Here, you will find a complete guide with images and videos.
There are several things you must consider before getting a procedure. You must know about the pros and cons of that piercing, as well as the aftercare. You will also find rook piercing prices on this page.
Table of Contents
What Is A Rook Piercing
Rook Piercing is a type of piercing which is done on the anti-helix part of the ear. It is basically on the cartilage, which is between the inner and outer part of the ear. Don’t confuse it with the Daith piercing. This one is at a different location of the ear. You will have a better idea by looking at the images below. Ear piercings are famous in almost all around the world. By having a Rook Piercing, you will simply have an awesome addition to your personality.
Rook Piercing is famous among both genders. It looks amazing with the right jewelry and can easily be combined with other ear piercings.
You may have a question regarding the impact of this piercing on migraine & headache. We shall try to answer this question.
Variations Of Rook Piercings
There are multiple types of a Rook Piercing, which makes it more than a simple ear piercing. You can try two different variations of which will make it amazing.
- Double Rook: You can have a double rook piercing allowing you to wear two different types of jewelry on each side. You can have double rings, double barbells, or a combination of these two.
- Faux Rook: Rook Piercing with a simple horizontal perforation allowing you to wear a stud that looks beautiful. Like the conch piercing, the jewelry goes out behind the ear. If the right stud or the piece of jewelry is used, it seems fascinating.
Pros & Cons
The look which gives you may be the only reason for you to go for a Rook Piercing procedure. But still, you must consider several other things.
- It can easily be combined with other types of ear piercing. Which makes it look more awesome.
- You can have a piercing on one side rather than having it on both sides. If you have it on one side, it will still look awesome. There is always an option to try the variation of this piercing.
- You can have double rook piercing, which will give you more room to try different types of jewelry.
- You may feel more pain during the procedure. This is because of the involvement of the cartilage. But the way a Rook Piercing looks, you will forget all the pain.
- It may take a longer time to heal properly. You will have to keep following the aftercare instructions. We have mentioned the healing time in the upcoming section.
- This ear piercing depends on the anatomy of the ear. So there may be some limitations to having it. The professional piercer will advise you on this.
- If something goes wrong, your piercing can easily be infected. You must follow all the guidelines to avoid any problem during and after the procedure.
Rook Piercing Pros & Cons (Video)
How It Is Done (Procedure)
Once you decide to have the Rook Piercings, you must try to find the best and professional piercer. The professional piercer makes a piercing procedure less painful. He also contributes towards the healing time.
The instruments used during the Rook Piercing procedure must be sterilized and individually packed.
The procedure starts with cleaning the area of the ear. Then the professional piercer will mark the location with a surgical pen. This is the mark where he will make the perforation.
You can have a better idea where exactly you will have the perforation. The professional piercer will then use a 14-16 gauge needle to make the perforation. He will then use initial jewelry to finalize the procedure.
You may feel some discomfort during and after the procedure, which is quite normal. After the Rook Piercing procedure, the professional piercer will give you the aftercare instructions, which you must follow.
Pain Level Of Rook Piercings
Though pain tolerance is something that varies from a person to another. For someone, one type of piercing may be more painful than some other piercing. Let us mention what generally people feel.
Due to the involvement of the cartilage, it hurts more than the simple earlobe piercing. But don’t worry, the initial pain will go after a few minutes or hours. But you will still feel some discomfort which will last for some days.
You can easily make the procedure less painful. You can always go for perforation on one side and come back later for the other one.
Healing Time & Aftercare
There is no doubt that the healing time mainly depends upon how well you follow the aftercare instructions. After the procedure, you cannot let your piercing heal on its own without implementing the right aftercare instructions. You will have to change some of your daily routine and lifestyle to make the healing time fast.
You must not forget that the healing time also depends upon an individual health condition.
- Always try to keep your piercing dry.
- Use saline water to clean your piercing at least 2-3 times a day. Saline water is easy to make. You can easily make it by mixing the non-iodized sea salt with warm water.
- Be careful while changing your clothes or brushing your hair.
- You must adjust your sleeping position to avoid any harm to your ear piercing
- Do not touch your piercing without washing your hands
- Avoid changing or playing with the initial jewelry. You can change your jewelry later when it heals
- Do not use a shared pillow
- Avoid using public pools
- Avoid using any cream on your piercing without the proper guidelines
Read About Ear Piercing Aftercare Guide
Rook Piercing For Migraines
You may have a question in mind regarding Rook Piercing and its impact on the headache & migraines.
There are several myths that this type of ear piercing may be a treatment for migraine. The fact is that this has not been proven medically. The Rook Piercings is quite close to the Daith piercing in terms of the area of the ear. And yes, the Daith piercing is widely used for the treatment of migraines and headaches.
Psychologically, you may feel some relief in headache and migraines, but still, that is not medically proven.
Rook Piercing Jewelry
We have seen the multiple variations of the Rook Piercing, which provide it with a larger room to try any type of jewelry. Every piercing looks more impressive, depending on what type of jewelry you use.
You may use a heart hoop that is quite famous and looks fantastic. It makes it more prominent.
A curved barbell is something quite common to use. There may be several variations of a curved barbell — some with the beads and come in different colors. You may also use a longer or shorter barbell.
The stud may also be used. You may have beads. Studs are preferable in Faux Rook Piercing, which we have mentioned above is the other variation of this piercing.
A surgical steel ring may also be used. You can use multiple rings if you have a Double Rook Ear Piercing, or you can use a ring with a stud.
How Much Does A Rook Piercing Cost
In the United States, 30$ to 50$
The UK, £18 to £40
whereas in Europe €20 to €35.
This is just for an idea. There are a lot of factors that affect the cost.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a rook piercing?
It is a type of piercing which is done on the anti-helix part of the ear. It is basically on the cartilage, which is between the inner and the outer part of the ear.
How to clean a rook piercing?
Clean it with saline solution at least 3-4 times a day. You can make the saline solution at your own by mixing non-iodized sea salt with warm water.
How much does a rook piercing cost?
In the United States, 30$ to 50$. In the UK the cost is £18 to £40 whereas in Europe it is €20 to €35.
What are other variations of rook piercing?
Double rook piercing and faux rook piercing are the two variations of this ear piercing. Double rook has a double perforation on each side, whereas faux piercing is just like the conch piercing.
Does rook piercing help with migraines and headaches?
There are several myths that a Rook Piercing may be a treatment for migraine. The fact is that this has not been proven medically. This piercing is quite close to the Daith piercing in terms of the area of the ear. And yes, the Daith piercing is widely used for the treatment of migraines and headaches.