Want to look different? Are you thinking about having something unique on your face? Then Snake Bites Piercing is for you. Snake bite lip piercing is famous among both genders because it gives you an awesome look. Ignite your intuition and get this done. But before you decide, let us tell you and guide you about every little thing which is related to this beautiful looking snake bite lip piercing.
Table of Contents
What is a Snake Bite Piercing?
Snake bite piercing has two perforations under your lower lip that are at a distance. One perforation is on the left side, and the other one is on the right side. Unlike dolphin bites piercing, which are below the lower lip like snake bites but quite close to each other. In snake bite piercing, you need to have two perforations, but you don’t need to worry about it because we shall guide you on how this can be less uncomfortable for you in the latter part of this article.
You might have thought about a resemblance with the spider bites piercing, but when you notice, you will find that in spider bites, you have multiple perforations on each side of the lower lip, but this is not the case with the snake bite lip piercing.
Pros & Cons of Snake Bites Piercing
Like any other piercing, Snake bite piercing has its pros and cons too. Let us look at some of them.
- It is not a common type of piercing which may feel boring to someone. This is actually the most demanded type among youth
- Piercing in this area is quite visible, and that is the reason it looks more prominent and beautifully changes the looks if you select a good piece of jewelry to use
- There is always a chance of infection if you do not follow the aftercare instructions properly.
- You will have a double perforation, which will cause more pain than a single puncture. You may feel more swelling if you decide to have both perforations on the same day
- The puncture may become visible a little bit, so you will have to be careful in jewelry selection.
You should consider a well-known piercer in your area who knows what he is doing and sterilized equipment before getting the process started. Because you can never afford an infection later on.
The professional piercer will first mark the lower lip at the right place where the perforation will be made with a surgical pen. This helps in deciding the position. You can have an idea about the symmetry between the markings. Then after the markings, the professional piercer will use a clamp to hold the lip and a hollow needle through your lower lip and then a labret through that hollow needle. Then after inserting the labret, he will cut the labret and screw a ball.
Though there are two perforations in snake bite piercing, you can always go for one perforation at a time, and for the second perforation, you can come later.
How Much Does It Hurt
We have mentioned in other articles too that every person has a different kind of pain tolerance. One point of view is that snake bites piercing hurts less due to the absence of nerves around this area.
After the procedure, your lip may swallow or sore for some time, and you may feel some discomfort too. You must understand that this is normal, and swelling and soreness will go with time, and there will not be any chance of infection if you correctly follow the instructions provided here and enforce the proper aftercare guidelines. The fact is that piercing around this area of the face is considered to be the least painful as compared to the facial piercing on any other area.
Suggestion For Less Pain
Though we have mentioned above that every individual has a different kind of pain tolerance level. But there is something which you may think of. As you know, there are two perforations in the procedure, so we suggest you go for only one perforation at a time. This will make you less uncomfortable. You can always go for other perforation after two or three days or whenever you feel good. This can be a good idea if you are having thoughts about pain or being uncomfortable during the perforation.
Healing Time & Aftercare
Healing time depends mainly upon the aftercare instructions you follow. Undoubtedly it can be fastened by following the proper guidelines.
But this is also a fact that As we have guided you above that, you may go for one perforation at a time and then the other one later on which may be a much more comfortable way to anyone.
You may feel some tenderness until the piercing proper heals. So you must keep your mouth as comfortable as possible. Let us guide you regarding some crucial things you have to adopt in your lifestyle to avoid any infection.
- Maintain good oral hygiene. This is important not only for Snake Bite Piercing but to other piercing too
- Make sure your hands are clean when you touch the piercing area. Do not try to touch without any reason
- Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking
- Do not try to move or change the jewelry
- Rinse your mouth well after eating or drinking anything
- Avoid spicy foods because they may create irritation
- Clean the jewelry and piercing area with saline water
- Wash the piercing area with a good anti-bacterial soap twice a day
- Avoid sharing cups, spoons or anything which may cause some infection to the sensitive area
- In the case of reducing swelling, using ice cubes can be a good idea
- Avoid swimming in public pools
Read About Lip Piercing Aftercare Guide
You must follow the proper guidelines to avoid any infection. Do not hesitate to consult your doctor or the piercer if you ever feel necessary.
Use Of Saline Mixture
Other than cleaning the perforated area from outside with a good anti-bacterial soap, you can use Saline Mixture to clean it. There are several options available for you where you can buy a ready-made mixture to use. But you can always prepare one on your own. The procedure is quite easy.
- Get an iodine-free table salt or sea salt
- Put ½ spoon in a cup
- Mix 8 ounce of water in it and stir well
- Make it warm with microwave or stove
- Do not make it too hot
- Let it be normal under an average room temperature
You can use a cotton ball to clean your outer piercing with this mixture.
Best Jewelry For Snake Bites Piercing
There are several options for you to use, which will look hot. You can use;
- Hoops or studs
- Ball Closure Rings (will look like fangs)
- Smallest stud (in case if you don’t want to expose much)
- Diamond incorporated studs
- Silver stud or ring
- Black rings for a scorching look
Risks of Snake Bites Piercing
There are some risks associated with Snake Bite Lip Piercing. The fact is that almost all types of piercing have some risks. But speaking about Snake Bite Piercing, if you think you have some issues with your teeth, then you must avoid this. You may face the following risks;
- Tooth damage (lower teeth)
- Gum problems
- Allergic reaction
It is always recommended that you consult your doctor or the piercing professional whenever you feel necessary. You can reduce the risks if you follow proper guidelines and aftercare instructions.
How To Make Fake Snake Bites Piercing
There is something which you would already have thought about. That is to make a fake snake bite lip piercing. The procedure is quite simple to have a fake piercing.
- Get two captive bead rings
- Remove the bead by pushing it away
- Open the ring making it open enough (if necessary) that it may slide on your lower lip
- Do it using the second ring on the other side of the lip
You can do it due to any reason. Maybe you want to make a fake snake bite because you want it temporary, or you want to have an idea of how it would look on you.
How Much Does It Cost
In the United States, it may cost around 50$ to 80$. While in the UK cost is around £35 to £80 whereas in Europe the cost of snake bites piercing is approximately €30 to €80. Also, note that the cost is just for an idea. Charges may vary due to a lot of other factors, including professional piercer, equipment, procedure, etc.
Experiences & FAQs (Videos)
The First Week Experience (Video)
Healing Time If You Remove It (Video)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the meaning of snake bite piercing?
Snake bite piercing is the double perforation beneath the lower lip. The perforations are made at a distance. Unlike Dolphin Bites Piercing, which has perforation close to each other.
How to make a fake snake bite piercing?
1. Get two captive bead rings
2. Remove the bead by pushing it away
3. Open the ring enough that it may slide on your lower lip
4. Do it using the second ring on the other side of the lip
How much does snake bite piercing cost?
In the United States, it may cost around 50$ to 80$. While in the UK cost is around £35 to £80 whereas in Europe the cost of angel bite is approximately €30 to €80.
How much does snake bite lip piercing hurt?
You will have a double perforation beneath the lower lip, which will make you more uncomfortable. If we make a pain scale 1 (less painful) to 10 (more painful), then Snake Bite Piercing will get a score of 5.
What are some of the risks of Snake Bite Piercing?
There are few risks involved like bacterial infections, swelling, allergic reactions, teeth, and gum infections, which may be reduced by following proper guidelines.