Generally, everyone wants to have a piercing that is prominent and makes you look more amazing. Usually, nose & lip piercings are quite noticeable, and with the right jewelry, they change the looks in an awesome way. Let us tell you about a lip piercing named after the famous pop singer Madonna. This piercing is called Madonna Piercing.
Let us tell you about this lip piercing in detail.
Table of Contents
What Is A Madonna Piercing
Madonna Piercing has a perforation above the upper lip on the right side. It was named after getting inspired by the beauty mark of a well-known pop diva -- Madonna.
This piercing is quite evident due to its location and becoming quite famous nowadays.
Pros & Cons
Like any other piercing, Madonna Piercing also has its pros and cons. Let us mention some of those.
- You will have a unique and trendy look. Madonna Piercing will change your looks & people will not be able to take their eyes off.
- The procedure includes one perforation only.
- The healing time is good as compared to other piercings, which take a longer time to heal. This makes it the right choice for someone afraid of following the aftercare instructions for a longer period.
- The procedure is quick. It is not complicated and requires very little time.
- Madonna Piercing can easily get infected if you stop following the proper guidelines. You must follow the instructions and try to change your everyday routine for some time.
- Due to the ending of the nerve area, this may cause irritation and loss of blood if not done correctly.
- There are some risks associated with such lip piercings. We have mentioned those in this article below.
Procedure Of Madonna Piercing
You must find a professional and experienced piercer for the procedure. He must have a good reputation. Also, make sure that the equipment being used is sterilized.
The procedure of Madonna Piercing is just like Monroe Piercing.
The procedure starts with the marking on the upper lip with a surgical pen. You will have a better idea of how it will look after the procedure.
The professional piercer will hold the upper lip with a surgical clamp. He will insert a hollow needle to make the perforation. After this, initial jewelry is used to finalize the procedure.
How To Fake Madonna Piercing (Video)
Pain Level Of Madonna Lip Piercing
This is a fact that each individual has a different level of pain tolerance.
The reason for a higher pain level has already been mentioned earlier. It hurts because of the nerve endings in this area of the lip. But there are several other factors, including the piercer, who contributes towards the pain level.
Healing Time & Aftercare
Healing time is the first thing that comes to your mind after the procedure.
Without following the proper guidelines, It can take up to a year to heal. You must stick to the aftercare to reduce any chance of infection.
- Do not touch the piercing without washing your hands with a good antibacterial handwash
- Avoid removing or rotating the initial jewelry
- Rinse your mouth with a good anti-bacterial mouthwash after each meal
- Use a soft toothbrush
- Avoid swimming in public pools
- Avoid using shared spoon, cup or even the food item
- Do not drink alcohol because it works as a blood thinner
- Do not use creams or any cosmetic on your Madonna Piercing
- Avoid spicy and hot food items
- Use saltwater to clean the outer side of the piercing
- Maintain better oral hygiene
- Keep following the aftercare instructions
Read Abou Lip Piercing Aftercare Guide
What Are The Risks
There are several risks involved and you must know about them before you go for the procedure.
- Gum & Tooth Erosion: You may face the problem of gum and teeth erosion. You must be careful while selecting jewelry. The jewelry may keep slamming against the teeth and gums, causing gum recession and teeth erosion.
- Infection: There may be an infection. So, you must follow the aftercare instructions carefully. Also, be careful while selecting the jewelry. You must choose the jewelry made with hypoallergenic material.
As we have mentioned earlier about being careful while selecting the jewelry. Try to choose the jewelry having the right size and made with hypoallergenic material.
You may use a stud or a tiny labret for the Madonna Piercing. You might avoid a ring. Instead, you would prefer a small curved barbell, a tiny labret, or a mini stud, which would look amazing.
Jewelry Guide (Video)
Cost Of Madonna Lip Piercing
In the United States, it may cost around 20$ to 60$. While in the UK the cost is about £20 to £50 whereas in Europe the cost is approximately €15 to €55. Also, note that the price is just for an idea. Charges may vary due to a lot of other factors.
Madonna Piercing is just like the Monroe Piercing in terms of procedure, pros-cons, healing time, aftercare, and experiences. So we have added Monroe Piercing experiences for you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a Madonna Piercing?
Madonna Piercing has a perforation above the upper lip on the right side. It was named after getting inspired by the beauty mark of a well-known pop diva – Madonna.
What is the difference between Madonna and Monroe Piercing?
Madonna Piercing is having a perforation above the upper lip on the right side, whereas Monroe Piercing is on the left side.
Why is it called a Madonna Piercing?
It was named after getting inspired by the beauty mark of a well-known pop diva – Madonna.