Let us tell you about an ear piercing, which is not very common. Though this ear piercing is famous among both genders, still you won’t be able to see it around. This could be the only reason for you to have it that it is quite an uncommon piercing. We are talking about Trident Piercing, which is also called Trident Industrial Piercing.
Table of Contents
What Is A Trident Piercing
Trident Piercing is to have multiple perforations on the ear. Usually, there are three perforations on the upper helix part of the ear and one on the mid cartilage area, which is close to Anti-Tragus and outer conch. The jewelry used for Trident industrial Piercing seems to be connected, but that is not a compulsion.
This ear piercing looks fantastic and unique. This is an evident piercing and quite visible. This is also true that Trident Piercing covers a large area of the ear, which makes it hard to combine with several other Ear Piercings. But Trident Industrial Piercing looks incredible even with a simple Ear Lobe Piercing.
Pros & Cons
You may have something in mind about why you should have a Trident Piercing and what you must consider.
- It is quite an evident type of Ear Piercing
- The procedure does not take much time
- People will not be able to take their eyes off once you have it. This may be the only reason for you to have it. It is undoubtedly unique
- You can select among different types of jewelry from a simple long barbell to the multiple connected barbells. Some with the beads and having different shapes and size
- You may face difficulty in performing everyday tasks due to Ear Piercing. This includes adjusting your sleeping position until it heals.
- The procedure may be painful due to the involvement of multiple perforations.
- It can easily get infected if you do not follow the aftercare instructions.
Whenever you decide for any piercing procedure, always look for the best and professional piercer around your area.
The equipment must be sterilized and individually packed during every piercing procedure.
The professional piercer will examine the anatomy of the ear. You will have to tell him what do you have in your mind about the Trident Industrial Piercing.
The professional piercer will clean the ear and mark it with a surgical pen. You will have a better idea at this point where exactly you will have the perforation. He will then use a sterilized needle to make the perforation, and then the initial jewelry will be used to finalize the procedure.
You will be given aftercare instructions which you must follow to avoid any chance of infection.
Pain Level Of Trident Ear Piercing
Due to the multiple perforations, a Trident Piercing procedure may be painful for you. But it is not necessary. The pain level depends on individual health conditions and several other factors.
The reason is obvious. There are multiple perforations involved during the procedure. That makes it more painful. You may be suggested some pain killers avoid the pain after the procedure. But the swelling with some discomfort is normal after the procedure.
Healing Time & Aftercare
You may be concerned about the healing time after the procedure. If you want it to heal quickly, keep following the aftercare instructions.
You must consider following some guidelines to avoid any chance of infection.
- Try to keep your piercing dry
- Clean the Ear Piercing with saline solution at least 3-4 times a day
- Adjust your sleeping position
- Avoid drinking alcohol
- Do not swim in public pools
- Avoid using a shared pillow
- Be careful while changing your clothes
- Do not use any cream on your piercing. It could attract bacteria.
- Properly follow the aftercare instructions
Read about Ear Piercing Aftercare Guide
Cost Of Trident Industrial Piercing
In the United States, it may cost around 40$ to 70$. While in the UK the cost is around £50 whereas in Europe the cost is approximately €40 to €60. Also, note that the price is just for an idea. Charges may vary due to a lot of other factors.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a trident piercing?
Trident Piercing is to have multiple perforations on the ear. Usually, there are three perforations on the upper helix part of the ear and one on the mid cartilage area, which is close to Anti-Tragus and outer conch.
How much does a trident piercing cost?
In the United States, it may cost around 40$ to 70$. While in the UK the cost is about £50 whereas in Europe the cost is approximately €40 to €60.