Do you want to have an unusual ear piercing which is amazing and prominent at the same time? Do you want to have a stylish and unique piercing which can easily be combined with other ear piercings? If yes, then this piercing is for you. We are talking about Snug Piercing. This type of ear piercing is a new trend that is becoming popular with each passing day.
Let us tell you everything about a Snug Piercing in detail, including procedure, pros-cons, healing time, aftercare, including a lot of images and videos.
Table of Contents
What Is A Snug Piercing
Snug Piercing has a horizontal perforation on the anti-helix (the inner ridge of the ear cartilage) part of the ear, which is adjacent to the ear canal. This is located above the anti-tragus, having both entrance and exit points visible at the front of the ear.
Don’t confuse a Snug Piercing with a rook piercing, which is at a different location of the ear. You will have a better idea by looking at the images section below.
Snug Piercing depends on an individual’s ear anatomy. So your piercer will examine the anatomy of your ear and advise accordingly.
Pros & Cons
Though a Snug Piercing looks stylish and unique, let us mention some of the pros and cons to make the decision easier for you.
- You can easily combine it with other ear piercings. It will enhance the beauty of your ear.
- Snug Piercing is prominent, and because of the large room available to try different types of jewelry, it gives you a catchy look.
- You can have a double snug to make your ear look amazing.
- You can easily hide it with your hair whenever required.
- It still looks beautiful if you have it on one side. You can try another combination on the other side.
- The procedure is quite painful due to the involvement of the cartilage.
- Not everyone can have a Snug Piercing. It depends on an individual’s ear anatomy. Your piercer will examine and advise you accordingly.
- It takes a longer time to heal completely.
- A Snug Piercing can easily get infected, so you must strictly follow the aftercare instructions and guidelines.
- You will have to adjust your sleeping position during the initial heal, which may be hard for you.
Pros & Cons (Video)
Snug Piercing Procedure
Always try to find the professional and experienced piercer for the procedure. Make sure that the equipment being used is sterilized.
The professional piercer will first mark the spot with a surgical pen. He will make two markings; one for the entry point and the other for the exit point.
He will use a sterilized needle to make the perforation. Then the initial jewelry will be used to finalize the procedure.
Don’t worry about the minor bleeding after the procedure, which is quite normal.
After the procedure, you will be given some aftercare instructions. Keep following those instructions and guidelines to avoid any chance of infection.
Doing It Herself (Video)
Pain Level Of Snug Piercing
The fact is that each individual has a different level of pain tolerance. It also depends on an individual’s health conditions.
The reason for a higher pain level is because of the involvement of inner cartilage. Due to the thick tissue, it hurts more than some other ear piercings.
Healing Time & Aftercare
Healing time depends on how well you have been following the guidelines. It also depends on individual health conditions.
You must change your everyday routine to make it heal faster. What should you do? Let us mention some of the guidelines.
- Try to keep the Snug Piercing dry
- Clean your new piercing at least 2-3 times a day with a saline solution. You can easily make it on your own by mixing non-iodized salt with warm water.
- Do not use a shared pillow
- Adjust your sleeping position
- Never try to change or play with the initial jewelry
- Avoid using public pools
- Be extra careful while changing your clothes
- Do not use any cream on your piercing. This may attract bacteria.
- Use jewelry made with hypoallergenic material
Read About Ear Piercing Aftercare Guide
Info & Aftercare (Video)
Best Jewelry For Snug Piercing
As we have mentioned earlier, you must use jewelry made with hypoallergenic material. Select the jewelry according to the anatomy of your ear. The jewelry must look good with other ear piercings.
You can use a straight barbell for your Snug Piercing. A curved barbell is also another choice. You can try a combination of both if you are considering a double snug. A curved barbell is recommended as the initial jewelry because it is less likely to be caught than a ring.
A double beads curved barbell is another excellent choice.
For a prominent ridge, you can use a curved ring. You can have a look at the images section for some ideas.
How Much Does It Cost
In the United States, it may cost around 35$ to 70$. While in the UK cost is around £25 to £50 whereas in Europe the cost of Snug Piercing is approximately €35 to €60.
Also, note that the cost is just for an idea. Charges may vary due to a lot of other factors, including professional piercer, equipment, procedure, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to clean a snug piercing?
You must clean it using a salt solution at least 2-3 times a day. You can easily make it yourself by mixing non-iodized salt with warm water.
What are some of the Snug Piercing risks?
There are several risks, including infection, migration, or rejection. To reduce any chance of these risks, you must strictly follow the aftercare instructions. Also, use the jewelry made with the hypoallergenic material.