Do you want to have a lip piercing, which is quite evident and awesome at the same time? We are talking about Spider Bites Piercing, which looks similar to viper bites piercing. We shall see what the difference between these two types is. Also, we shall mention everything about the Spider Bites Piercing in detail.
Table of Contents
What Is A Spider Bite Piercing
Spider Bites Piercing is the double perforation below the lower lip on either side. The perforations are quite close to each other and look awesome when the right jewelry is used. Spider Bites Piercing looks like Viper Bites Piercing, but the difference among these two is that in the Spider Bites Piercing, the jewelry is quite close. Whereas in the Viper Bites Piercing, the jewelry is at a distance as compared with the Spider Bites Piercing.
Spider Bite Piercing is located near the corner of the lower lip providing it with a larger room to try any type of jewelry. This type of piercing is famous among both genders.
Pros And Cons
Let us mention some of the pros and cons of Spider Bite Piercing. Generally, the pros and cons of Spider Bites Piercing are the same as any other lower lip piercing like Snake Bites.
- A larger room is available to try any type of jewelry from rings to studs or the combination of both. It looks amazing when the right jewelry is used.
- Spider Bites Piercing is quite a prominent type of piercing that makes it the right choice to have.
- It can be easily be combined with other facial piercings.
- Without the proper aftercare, there is a chance of infection
- A double perforation will hurt more than a single perforation. That makes the piercing procedure more painful. But you can easily avoid that by going for a single perforation at a time
- If you do not select the right jewelry made with the right metal, the puncture may become visible. There is always a chance that you get an infection with the jewelry made with the material that causes infection or allergy.
Spider Bites Piercing Procedure
Generally, the procedure is like any other lip piercing. You must try to find a piercer who has a good reputation. The piercer must be professional and experienced.
You will have to tell the piercer on which side you wish to have the Spider Bite Piercing. The professional piercer will mark the location where he intends to make the perforation.
At this point, you will have an idea where exactly you will have the perforations. The professional piercer will hold the lower lip with a surgical clamp. He will then use a hollow needle to make the perforation and finalize the procedure with the initial jewelry.
Make sure that all the equipment used during the procedure is sterilized and individually packed.
After the procedure, you may have some swelling and tenderness around your lower lip. This discomfort is normal, and you do not need to worry about it.
Pain Level of Spider Bite Piercing
It must be understood that the pain level depends on several factors. The professionalism and experience of the piercer also have a huge impact. Also, it depends on individual health conditions.
We have rated Spider Bites Piercing a 5 due to the double perforation involved. You can always reduce the pain level by completing the procedure on multiple days. It may be a good choice for someone to go for a single perforation and then come back later for the second one.
Healing Time & Aftercare
After the procedure, the healing process starts. You must follow the aftercare instructions to avoid any chance of infection.
- Maintain better oral hygiene
- Do not get a procedure in an unhygienic environment
- Eat mild and frozen foods which will make you feel good
- Always touch your piercing with clean hands
- Do not drink alcohol because it works as a blood thinner
- Avoid hot drinks
- Clean the piercing regularly
- Always rinse your mouth after having each meal with saline water
- Avoid using public pools
- Try to keep the piercing dry
- Avoid removing the initial jewelry
- Avoid sharing cups and spoon
- Do not eat spicy foods
- Follow the aftercare instructions
Read about Lip Piercing Aftercare Guide
Complications & Risks
There may be several complications after a procedure. Let us mention some of the risks involved with Spider Bites Lip Piercing.
- Tooth & Gum Erosion: You may have this problem due to the jewelry used. Always prefer and select the best jewelry, which does not cause a problem later. Jewelry must be made of hypoallergenic material. The size of the jewelry matters a lot.
- Allergic Reaction: You may have an allergic reaction, which may be due to the jewelry used.
- Infection: There is always a chance of infection if aftercare instructions are not followed properly.
- Swelling: Your lip may swell for some days. This will cause a problem in performing everyday tasks.
- Scars: Spider Bites Piercing can cause the problem of scars.
- Migration: You may face the jewelry migration problem.
Jewelry For Spider Bites Piercing
There are a lot of options available. You can try different variations. The lower lip with a double perforation provides more room to try any type of jewelry.
You may use a captive bead ring in both perforations or a ring with a stud.
You may also use diamond incorporated studs. Silver stud or ring may also be used.
A black ring or pure black stud may also be used.
You will have a better idea by looking at the images section.
How Much Does It Cost
In the United States, it may cost around 50$ to 80$. While in the UK cost is around £35 to £70 whereas in Europe the cost of angel bite is approximately €30 to €60. Also, note that the charges may vary due to a lot of other factors.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a spider bite piercing?
Spider Bites Piercing is the double perforation below the lower lip on either side. The perforations are quite close to each other and look awesome.
How much is a spider bite piercing?
In the United States, it may cost around 50$ to 80$. While in the UK cost is around £35 to £70 whereas in Europe the cost of angel bite is approximately €30 to €60.
How much does spider bites lip piercing hurt?
On a pain scale meter, which has a level 1 (least painful) to a level 10 (most painful), the Spider Bites Piercing is a 5.
What are the risks involved with spider bites piercing?
There are several risks involved, including Tooth & Gum Erosion, Allergic Reaction, Infection, Swelling, Scars, and Migration.