Let us tell you about a type of piercing that is accepted almost in all cultures around the globe. We are talking about a simple earlobe piercing. Aren’t there any types of ear piercing that are more trendy and fashionable? Yes, there are several other types of ear-piercing, including an Auricle Piercing. This is an amazing way of expressing your unique style.
What is an Auricle Ear Piercing? What are the pros & cons? Let us tell you everything about this piercing, which gives you a charming look.
Table of Contents
What Is An Auricle Piercing?
An Auricle Piercing is a perforation of the auricle part of the ear, which is between the helix and the earlobe.
Don’t confuse it with the Pinna Piercing, which is the same as the Auricle Piercing but higher in place. Whereas, an Auricle Piercing is closer to the earlobe as compared to the pinna piercing.
An ear-piercing has always been the first choice for anyone. The reason is socially acceptable for most of its types. There is a large room available so you can try a different type of jewelry. Also, it has some advantages in terms of visibility.
What exactly are the pros and cons of an Auricle Piercing? Let us mention some of those.
Some Other Types Of An Auricle Piercing
Though a single Auricle Piercing looks amazing, there are some other variations too.
You can have a double Auricle Piercing allowing you to have two perforations on each side. You get a larger room to try different types of jewelry, i.e. a ring with a stud or multiple rings.
Triple Auricle Ear Piercing is another type allowing you to have three perforations on each side. For a more detailed idea, refer to the images section below.
Pros & Cons
Have you decided to have this amazing piercing? Let us tell you about the pros & cons of an Auricle Piercing.
- You look stunning with an Auricle Piercing. You get a large room to try a different type of jewelry. It is a new fashion and quite prominent.
- There are multiple types of like a double auricle or even a triple auricle. You can combine rings, studs, or the combination of these two.
- You can easily combine it with other facial piercings. It can even be combined with other ear piercings. Refer to the images section to have an idea.
- It has a quick procedure.
- It still looks amazing if you have it on one side.
- The procedure is not as painful as compared to other ear piercings.
- You will have to adjust your sleeping position to avoid any pressure on the new piercing, which may be an irritating situation for someone.
- You cannot cover your piercing all the time. It can easily get infected. You must keep following the aftercare instructions and guidelines until it heals completely.
Procedure Of An Auricle Piercing
Everything starts with finding a professional piercer around the area. You must find an experienced piercer having a good reputation.
The professional piercer will clean the ear spot where he intends to make the perforation. After this, he will mark the spot with a surgical pen. You will have an idea of the exact location.
He will then use a sterilized needle to make the perforation. Then the initial jewelry will be used to finalize the Auricle Ear Piercing Procedure.
After the procedure, you may feel some swelling and soreness near your piercing spot. The discomfort is quite normal, which will disappear after 1-2 weeks.
Can it be done using a piercing gun? No, it is not recommended at all. This is because a gun is not hygienic and may increase the chance of an infection or complication afterward.
You will have a better idea about the procedure in these videos. If you want to know more about an auricle, you can read here
Doing It Herself (Videos)
Pain Level Of An Auricle Piercing
Have you decided about the procedure but thinking about its pain level?
It is true that each individual has a different level of pain tolerance. But though the procedure takes just a few seconds, you might not feel much pain.
As we have mentioned earlier, the swelling, soreness, and minor redness are quite normal after the procedure. We have mentioned the healing time below.
Healing Time & Aftercare
Started worrying about the healing time? Let us tell you how much time it takes.
Don’t worry about the initial pain. It will stop in 1-2 weeks. You must strictly follow the aftercare guidelines if you want it to heal quickly.
- Try to keep the piercing dry.
- Avoid touching the new piercing without washing your hands with a good anti-bacterial handwash.
- Do not remove the initial jewelry. You must avoid playing with the jewelry until it heals.
- Do not use any cream or sprays on your new piercings. This can cause a bacterial infection.
- Adjust your sleeping position to avoid any harm to the new piercing.
- Use a cotton ball and warm saline water to clean the piercing 2-3 times a day.
- Rinse the piercing spot with a good anti-bacterial soap. Do not use any pressure while rinsing.
- Be careful while changing your clothes.
- Carefully brush your hair.
- Avoid using a shared pillow.
- Keep following the aftercare instructions.
Read About Ear Piercing Aftercare Guide
Cleaning An Ear Piercing (Video)
Best Auricle Piercing Jewelry
The fact is that you get a large room to try different types of jewelry. You can use a CBR (Captive Bead Ring) or a stud.
- Studs (Simple titanium, surgical steel, labret)
- Curved Barbells
- CBRs (Captive Bead Rings)
If you have decided on a double Auricle Piercing or a triple auricle, you can try any combination like a stud and a ring.
Cost Of Auricle Ear Piercing
In the United States, it may cost around 30$ to 50$. While in the UK cost is around £20 to £30 whereas in Europe the cost of angel bite is approximately €25 to €35.
Also, note that the cost is just for an idea. Charges may vary due to a lot of other factors, including professional piercer, equipment, procedure, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the difference between an auricle and pinna piercing?
Pinna Piercing is the same as the Auricle Piercing but higher in place. Whereas, an Auricle Piercing is closer to the earlobe as compared to the pinna.
How much does it hurt?
On a pain scale meter from level 1 to 10, it is a 3.
Can we use a piercing gun for the procedure?
No, the piercing gun is not recommended. The reason is that a gun cannot be adequately sterilized, and unhygienic equipment during the procedure may increase the chance of an infection.