Are you looking for something more prominent at your face? Are you in love with lip piercings? Let us tell you about quite the uncommon, but beautiful piercing, which is called Canine Bites Piercing. Canine piercing is the combination of two famous lip piercings. Let us tell you in detail.
Table of Contents
What Are Canine Bites Piercing?
Canine Bites Piercing are the double perforation on each side of the upper and lower lip. It got its name due to the perforations on the lip where your canines are. This piercing is basically the combination of two Famous Lip Piercings, i.e., Angel Bites and Snake Bites.
Canine Bites Piercing is not very common as compared to other facial piercings. For some people, the reason is that Canine Piercing covers the large area of the face. This makes it more prominent around the lips.
Pros and Cons
Canine Bite Piercing has some pros and cons like any other piercing type.
- The healing time of canine bite facial piercing is good as compared to other piercings
- It is an evident facial piercing which gives a large room to try any jewelry
- Canine bite piercing may easily get infected if you do not properly follow the aftercare instructions
- Due to the multiple perforations, canine bites piercing becomes more painful. So the best thing you can do is not to have all the perforations on the same day.
- Upper lip perforation may cause loss of blood and irritation due to the nerve endings in this area of the lip
- After the procedure, you may feel quite uncomfortable due to the perforation on both upper and lower lip. You may feel swelling and irritation after the canine bites piercing procedure, which will make your routine life more difficult for some time.
The selection of piercer is the most important thing. Also, make sure that the equipment is sterilized and individually packed.
The professional piercer will first mark the location where the perforation will be made. Once finalized, the professional piercer will hold the lip with a surgical clamp. He will then use a hollow needle to make the perforation. After that, the professional piercer will finalize the canine bites piercing procedure with the initial jewelry.
He will proceed for further perforations then and give you aftercare instructions at the end of the procedure.
Pain Level Of Canine Bites Piercing
Pain level depends on several factors, including individual health conditions.
If you chose to go for perforation on separate days, this may help in making canine bites less painful for you. But for someone, the whole procedure on the same day may be more comfortable.
Suggestion For Less Pain
As there are multiple perforations involved on upper and lower lips, you can always go for one. You can decide to have perforations on upper lips on a single day, which will make it Angel Bites, or you can have perforations on the lower lip, only making it Snake bites. You can always come back later to complete the procedure.
This can make the Canine Bite Piercing less painful.
Healing Time and Aftercare
Healing time depends upon how well you follow the aftercare instructions. It time also depends on individual health conditions.
You may feel quite uncomfortable due to the perforations on the upper and lower lip. This may affect your routine life for some time.
There are several practices you must adopt to heal it faster.
- Maintain good oral hygiene
- Do not touch the piercing without washing your hands with a good anti-bacterial soap
- Avoid alcohol
- Do not smoke
- Never try to change or rotate the jewelry
- Rinse your mouth after each meal
- Avoid sharing cups, spoons or even food items
- Use saline water to clean the piercing
- Avoid spicy foods
Read About Lip Piercing Aftercare Guide
Best Jewelry For Canine Bite Piercing
There are several types of jewelry to use. With the selection of the right jewelry, one piercing may look more awesome.
- Studs (Diamond incorporated or simple one)
- Ball closure rings (beads)
- Black simple rings
- Small studs (silver)
Cost of Canine Bite Piercing
In the United States, it may cost around 80$ to 100$. While in the UK cost is around £50 to £80 whereas in Europe the cost of Canine bite facial piercing is approximately €45 to €70.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are canine bites piercing?
Canine bites Piercing has multiple perforations on the upper and lower lip. This is basically the combination of two famous piercings Angel Bites and Snake Bites.
Where can I get Canine bites Piercing?
You can get it from a professional piercer in your area. Always make sure that the piercer is experienced, professional, and has a good reputation. Also, make sure that the equipment is sterilized and individually packed.