Are you having thoughts about making the massive arena beautiful beneath the lower lips? Let us tell you about the elegant piercing style which looks unique. You might have heard about the beautiful Dolphin Bites Lip Piercing, and we are sure that you would love to know about it deeply.
Table of Contents
What are Dolphin Bites Piercing?
In Dolphin Bites Piercing, two labrets are placed near the center beneath the lower lip and quite close to each other, unlike snake bites piercing where perforations are not very close. Two perforations are performed in this type of piercing, and quite a massive arena is available from lower lip to the chin. The reason behind its name is the resemblance with the look of a Dolphin’s narrow mouth, and it’s bite if one can imagine. Dolphin Bites Lip Piercing looks cool, and you will have a unique and sexy look. Let us tell you more about Dolphin Bites Piercing and everything you want to know.
Pros and Cons
Let us tell you about some pros and cons which you may know already.
- A unique new look which looks beautiful and you get a chance to make your lower lip look more beautiful
- A catchy new style with the first look at your face
- Multiple jewelry options from barbells to tiny rings
- Piercing may get the infection if you do not follow proper guidelines and aftercare products
- You will have two perforations instead of one
- It may not suit you, and you may need to try some other piercing type if there is very little space between your lower lip and the chin. The professional piercer will guide you in a better way.
First and the most important thing is the hygienic environment, a professional piercer, and the sterilized equipment. You would never want any trouble, later on, that results in an infection.
The piercing professional will mark the lower lip with a surgical pen to give you an idea about the exact place where perforations will be made. This can be changed at this point. After marking the right place, the professional piercer will use a clamp to hold the lower lip and then use a hollow needle through the clamp to make the perforation. The procedure is quick. After this, he will use a labret, cut it down and screw a ball. You can use a surface barbell with a flat bar between two points or use the jewelry, which is recommended by the professional piercer.
Dolphin Bites Piercing Procedure (Videos)
How Much Does It Hurt
The fact is that every individual has a different level of pain tolerance. It depends upon a lot of other factors, too, including a professional piercer and the way he makes the perforations. So it is always recommended to select the professional piercer in your area.
After the procedure, never hesitate to consult the piercer or the doctor if you feel so.
Suggestions For Less Pain
As we have advised above to select a professional piercer in your area because undoubtedly, it may make you less comfortable. Also, every individual has a different kind of pain tolerance. But still, there is something you may consider.
Dolphin Bites Piercing has two perforations, and if you decide to make both of them on the same day, then it will surely make you more uncomfortable. This may be the best choice to go for one perforation at a time and make the other perforation later on.
After the procedure, you may follow the proper guidelines and aftercare instructions to fasten the healing time.
Healing Time and Aftercare
Healing time may depend upon several factors, including the procedure and implementation of aftercare instructions.
Healing time may be fastened by following the proper guidelines and aftercare instructions. There are a lot of significant guidelines you must follow after the procedure to avoid infection. This can be the worst thing one can worry about, and no one will ever think of having it after the process.
Few essential things you can do includes:
What You Must Adopt During Healing Time
- Always practice good oral hygiene
- Use a good anti-bacterial mouthwash
- Use a good anti-bacterial soap to clean the outer side of the piercing at least twice a day
- Cold foods may reduce the chance of swelling, so have something cold
- Use salt water to clean the perforated outer side
- After eating something, brush your teeth with a brush having soft bristles
What To Avoid During Healing Time
- Avoid drinking alcohol because it works as a blood thinner
- Do not touch the piercing region without washing hands properly and it is always better not to touch without any reason
- Do not move the jewelry before proper heal
- Avoid removing or changing the jewelry
- Do not eat spicy foods to avoid irritation
- Avoid swimming in public pools, river or sea
- Do not use shared cups, spoons, towels, etc
Read about Lip Piercing Aftercare Guide
Aftercare Products For Dolphin Bites Piercing
There are several aftercare products that people mostly use and experience excellent results. These products are mainly for fastening the healing time. A lot of such products can be found in nearby stores.
Cleaning The New Dolphin Bites Piercing (Homemade)
We can use those products which generally people have used after a procedure and found them beneficial. But still, we can make something in our kitchen, which may help in fastening the healing time or making the perforation area safe from infection.
We can make saline water on our own, and it will surely be helpful for the cleanliness of the outer side of the lip. The process is simple
- Get an iodine-free regular table salt or sea salt
- Put 8 ounces of water and ½ teaspoon salt in a cup
- Stir well
- Use a microwave or stove to make it warm without making it too hot
- Let it under room temperature until it gets normal
- Finally, pour the solution in a plastic storage container
Risks of Dolphin Bites Lip Piercing
The fact is the DolphinBites Lip Piercing makes you look unique and gorgeous, but still, there are some risks. And those risks are not associated explicitly with DolphinBites Lip Piercing but with all other types too.
You can reduce the risks to zero if you follow proper guidelines. Some risks are:
- Piercing area may become prone to bacterial infection, but the chance may reduce to zero if you follow proper guidelines
- Allergic reactions (few reactions are associated with the jewelry you wear)
- Dental and gum infection
You can reduce the risks of any infection if you follow the proper guidelines we provided in the post.
How Much Does Does It Cost
In the USA, the cost of Dolphin Bites Piercing is around 50$ to 80 $, whereas, in the UK, the price is approximately £45 to £90. Dolphin Bites Piercing costs €40 to €100 in Europe. Also, note that the price is just for an idea. Charges may vary due to a lot of other factors, including professional piercer, equipment, procedure, etc.
Questions & Answers (Video)
You can view the below experience about snake bites piercing because we could not find any video experience regarding Dolphin Bites Piercing. We ‘ll upload the Dolphin Bites Piercing video soon.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are Dolphin Bites Piercing?
In Dolphin Bites Piercing, there are two perforations beneath the lower lip to palace the labret. Both perforations are quite close, unlike snake bites piercing.
How Much Does Dolphin Bite Piercing Cost?
In the United States, it may cost around 50$ to 80$. While in the UK cost is around £45 to £90 whereas in Europe the cost of Dolphin Bites is around €40 to €100.
How Much Does Dolphin Bite Piercing hurt?
The perforations are performed quickly, but you may feel some discomfort. If we measure it in a scale 1 (Less Pain) to scale 10 (Severe Pain), we will give it a 5.
What are some of the risks involved in Dolphin Bites Piercing?
There are some risks like a bacterial infection, allergic reaction, swelling, gum infection, and problems related to teeth on the lower side. You may reduce the risks if you follow the proper guidelines and aftercare instructions.