According to a popular survey report, there will be 14% job growth in business analysis from 2016 to 2026. A tremendously lucrative and challenging job awaits those who choose to work in business analysis. Having a business analyst on your team is a huge advantage. Do you want to become a Certified Business Architect but aren’t sure where to begin? Professionals with CBAP certification are in better demand, acknowledged, and have easier access to credit for their business analysis work.
While there is no one path to become a CBAP®, there are some typical phases of preparation that everyone appears to go through. Some people complete a CBAP training course in a week or two. Others take a year or two to prepare for the CBAP® and become better business analysts.
And while this post focuses on the CBAP certification, the same fundamental methods apply if you want to acquire the CCBA certification from the IIBA.
What advantages do you obtain with a CBAP certification?
- An IIBA CBAP® certified business analyst earns 26% more than a non-certified one.
- Recognition of competence, knowledge, and experience around the world. •
- The company and the market will recognize you more and provide you with more opportunities for professional progress.
- Good selection for important and demanding commercial projects
- More confidence in integrating the knowledge learned from the certification exam preparation into the practical aspects of daily B.A. work.
- It is the International Institute of Business Analysis’s third-level certification (IIBA)
Requirements for CBAP certification
The top prerequisites for the CBAP exam are as follows:
- Verify your eligibility
CBAP Certification is a professional certification for business analysts. The CBAP certification is intended for senior business analysts with more than five years of experience. The Advanced Certification in Business Analysis (ACBA) has stricter eligibility criteria than the Intermediate Certification in Business Analysis (CCBA) and the Entry Certificate in Business Analysis (ECBA) (ECBA).
- Over the last decade, you must have accrued 7,500 hours of business analysis experience. As a business analyst, you should have at least five years of experience.
- At least 3,600 of the required 7,500 hours were completed in this experience, including over 900 hours in 4 of the 6 knowledge domains of the BABOK® Guide Version 3.
- You should have at least 35 hours of professional development in the last four years.
- References from an employer, client, or Certified Business Analysis Professional are required.
- Acceptance of the Code of Ethics.
- Consent to the terms and conditions.
- Find out how much the CBAP certification fee is
Membership fees, application costs, and exam fees are part of the CBAP Certification cost. Your country of residence affects the membership fees. To apply, you must pay USD 125, which is non-refundable, while the exam fee is USD 325 for members and USD 450 for non-members.
- Verify your country/fee region’s structure
The entire CBAP Certification Fee in India is USD 505, including USD 55 for membership, USD 125 for application, and USD 325 for the exam.
The total CBAP certification fee in the USA is: The membership fee is 125 USD, the application fee is 125 USD, and the exam fee is 325 USD.
- Become familiar with the CBAP exam syllabus
Knowledge domains and techniques are broken down into four sections in the BABOK v3. The exam is based on these sections, as are perspectives and competencies.
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition – 30%
- Strategy Analysis – 15%
- Requirements Life Cycle Management – 15%
- Business Analysis Planning & Monitoring – 14%
- Solution Evaluation – 14%
- Elicitation & Collaboration – 12%
- Recognize the most recent CBAP exam patterns
It is a multiple-choice exam for the CBAP certification. It is why the questions are based on BABOK principles and frameworks. There includes a mixture of scenario and case-study-based questions. The evidence reveals that the case study-based questions might be from 20% to 35%. More than one question is based on each case study, as long as one or two pages.
- There are 120 multiple-choice questions in this section.
- There are 210 minutes in total for the exam (3.5 hours)
- There are four options for each question.
- There will be one correct answer for every question.
The CBAP certification exam application process
- Meeting all the certification requirements is the first step
Before you may apply for any certification from the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA), you must meet specific requirements. The credentials needed to take the CBAPTM test are listed below.
- Completing the online application is the second step
You will need to register for an IIBA account at their website https://portal.iiba.org/user/login to apply for the certification. You’ll primarily be asked for information on your educational history and professional experience.
When you fill out the online application, you should have all your valid documents (your graduation or certificate). Make sure the name on your IIBA profile matches the one on your I.D.
- Submitting and paying is the third step
Pay the $125 application fee once your application has been filed. The payment is non-transferable and non-refundable.
Step 4: Obtaining final approval
Your “approval” or “approval pending audit” status is communicated to you through email once payment has been received.
After approval of the application, you’ll have one (1) year from the date of the email confirming it. You are responsible for ensuring that the application does not expire. According to IIBA, you can request an application extension only if you have a compelling reason.
A senior business analyst is vital in today’s competitive workplace. Due to its rapid growth, the business analysis area has numerous obstacles, including inconsistent language, lack of standardization, and difficulty estimating risks. CBAP helps business analysts develop their skills and overcome these issues.
A CBAP certified professional has years of experience in business analysis, can identify the organization’s business needs, and recommends the best solutions to maximize the organization’s benefits. You are getting your CBAP® opens to a whole new world of B.A.