If you want to apply your foundation evenly, the beauty blender is the most accessible cosmetic tool to use. Thanks to its spongy texture, the cream is dispersed evenly throughout your skin, but it also leaves your skin looking smooth and radiant as a result. However, the buildup of dirt in the sponge can seep into your skin when you use it, leaving your skin prone to infections and breakouts. That’s why determining how often to clean your beauty blender is crucial.
Here are some quick and easy ways to clean your makeup sponge:
Table of Contents
Effective Ways to Clean a Beauty Blender
Cleaning your beauty blender is important, whether you use it to make healthy meals or create unique face masks and body washes. Fortunately, most cleaning methods are simple and inexpensive. You can clean your beauty blender in one of the following ways:
1. Cleaning in the Microwave
You can clean your beauty blender in the microwave to make the process easier!
- Effective Ways to Clean a Beauty Blender
Maintaining excellent health by cleaning your cosmetics and brushes is critical, but cleaning your beauty blender is beneficial. It makes no difference whether you use the blender to prepare nutritious meals or create clean, one-of-a-kind face masks and body washes.
Fortunately, the majority of these techniques are not only simple to implement but are also relatively inexpensive. It is possible to clean your beauty blender in one of the following ways:
2. Warm Water Soak
- Never underestimate the power of simple warm water.
- Start by putting all of the beauty blenders in one place.
- Soak them in warm water for a minute before thoroughly wringing them out. If possible, repeat this process three times.
- After that, keep them warm by running warm water over them.
- Because of the force of the water, a flowing stream of warm water helps clean the sponge’s internal layers.
- Rinse them well.
3. Shampooing is a Must
- Just as you would shampoo your hair, shampooing can also help to keep your beauty blenders squeaky clean.
- You can soak your make-up sponges in a small mixture of shampoo and water for a few minutes.
- Wash beauty blender thoroughly with plenty of water.
- You can use any shampoo, so you don’t have to worry about which one you should use.
4. Use a make-up brush
Did you know that you can actually use makeup brushes to remove makeup from your beauty blender? This hack is super easy and means that you don’t have to go out and buy a separate makeup brush cleaner!
- Massage make-up-up sponge gently with the brush when there is a light residue left behind.
- Start by scrubbing the sponge surface from left to right, then the opposite direction.
- A circular motion in two directions, first clockwise and then anticlockwise, can help loosen stubborn residue from your beauty blender.
5. Olive Oil
- Not only is olive oil great for your skin and hair, but it can also help remove makeup from sponges!
- To create a smooth mixture, combine 1 part olive oil with 2 parts liquid soap in a circular dish. It will be easier to dip and squeeze the cosmetic sponges and beauty blenders if you place them in a wide-rimmed glass bowl with a wide lip on the bottom.
- Gently push the make-up sponge into the olive oil-soap mixture, allowing it to absorb the liquid.
How Often Should You Replace Your Beauty Blender?
If you own a Beauty Blender, then you know how great they are for applying makeup. But did you know that they don’t last forever? Using this guide, you can determine when it’s time to replace your old Beauty Blender.
1. Go for the 3-month rule
The manufacturer of Beauty Blenders recommends replacing your Beauty Blender every three months. However, this isn’t a solid rule – if you find that you use your Beauty Blender every day, you may need to replace it sooner. You can make your Beauty Blenders last longer by using them only on the weekends.
If you use your Beauty Blender daily, you should replace it every two months. However, with proper care and cleaning after each use, it is possible to extend the life of your beauty blender without having to spend money on a new one as often.
2. If one is causing skin rashes
If you find yourself breakout more often than normal, it might be time to replace your Beauty Blender. Bacteria can invade your pores and cause breakouts, so if you’re using the same application products, it’s most likely the culprit. If this happens again, remember when you bought your BB and replace it if it’s older than three months. A new one will be much more effective at keeping your skin bacteria-free.
When using your Beauty Blender, it’s essential to keep the original packaging. Before putting it back, move it to a well-ventilated, sunny location to allow it to dry out completely. This will help keep your Beauty Blender in good condition longer.
3. When the beauty blender gets discolored
If you notice that your Beauty Blender’s color has faded over time, it’s probably time to get a new one. The discoloration can make it difficult to apply makeup evenly, and using the same sponge for foundation, blush, highlighter, and other cosmetics can cause unevenness. You should replaced them as soon as they become discolored, and you observe that no amount of cleaning can bring the color back.
4. When Beauty Blender is worn-out
Beauty Blender sponges are a great way to apply makeup evenly, but they will eventually become worn out. If you notice that your sponge is beginning to show signs of wear, such as peeling, tearing, or fading color, it’s time to replace it. A deformed brush is of little use when applying makeup and concealer because its shape makes it ineffective. You should replace your Beauty Blender as soon as you see the first signs of wear, so you won’t be disappointed when your current one wears out.
The Beauty Blender is a fantastic tool for applying make-up, but it isn’t intended to last forever – even though it is a bit expensive. Having a flawless make-up application is worthwhile, so these helpful tips will help you get the most out of your Beauty Blender. However, if you use it regularly (even if you clean, dry, and store it properly), it may need to be replaced sooner than three months. It must be well-maintained to last. Regular use and religious cleaning may prolong its life to three months, though.