To tell everyone about the principles of display operation, differences, and peculiarities of matrices of varied types and to prove everything said in real examples is an impossible task. It would take too much time and effort. Thus, we have simply decided to collect in one article all the most important misconceptions that prevent you from making the right choice. So everything may be perceived easier, and it would be more interesting to read. And as a result, this will help you choose the best 17 inch monitor.
Table of Contents
3 mistakes in choosing a monitor
In the opinion of most users, the choice and purchase of the monitor are quite difficult moments when assembling a PC. Yet, you can always get expert help from Beetronics Inc.
It is necessary to study many criteria, like:
- screen refresh rate;
- response time;
- monitor assignment.
However, few people take into account that already at home, installing and configuring the monitor, you can unknowingly make serious mistakes. These errors can not only affect the quality of the picture and spoil the impression of the purchase but also lead to the breakdown of new equipment and even cause serious discomfort to the owner.
So let’s discover the most common mistakes to avoid when connecting and operating a new monitor.
#1. Cables and connectors
Usually, on modern monitors, there are several connectors for connecting to the system unit, as well as on the back of the motherboard.
To get a picture of maximum quality, choose the most modern connectors and cables:
- DisplayPort is the newest monitor connection interface that supports modern technology, such as adaptive G-Sync synchronization from NVIDIA.
- USB Type C is a modern interface that is used mainly to connect the monitor to your laptop.
- DVI is a common interface for high-quality image and video transfer to monitors, projectors, and televisions.
- HDMI is a previous generation of connectors, which has been relevant for many years. However, there are certain nuances with the choice of the cable itself. If the cable is not included in the package, there is a chance to buy a budget Chinese version that will not be able to provide the declared monitor update frequency.
- VGA is an outdated standard that should not be used in home PCs.
#2. Secure connection
The main rule of connection, especially through the HDMI connector, is not to do it with a running system. This applies to connecting a monitor to both a PC and a laptop.
When connecting contacts under load, there is a high risk of burnout of the port both on the monitor itself and on the backplate of the motherboard. Repair of both will cost a lot of money, and not a single workshop recognizes this case as a warranty. Therefore, even if you have done this many times and everything worked out, in the future try to avoid unnecessary risks, which are quite high.
#3. Position and location of the monitor
The monitor is a passive cooling device. So if the manufacturer in the instructions indicates that the back panel and the wall require a space of at least 10 cm, try to ensure it.
Some inconveniences can create the arrangement of the monitor both in front of the window and the back of the window. In the first case, there will be difficulties with glare and light. And in the second, sunlight will cause an increase in the screen brightness. And this is an excessive load on the eyes.
17-inch monitors: big screen, low price
You don’t want to see the Grand Canyon through a keyhole. So why are you looking at giant spreadsheets and long reports on 14- or 15-inch screens? Today, the standard for desktop systems is 17-inch monitors. Beetronics Inc. monitors to guarantee the ideal ratio of screen size, size, and more. Their monitors are win-win parts for your desktop computers. They provide high-quality images, have a nice design, and go under affordable prices.
Even though 17-inch monitors are still more expensive than regular 15-inch models, they can increase usable screen area by 30%. And if you increase the resolution from 800E600 to 1024E768 pixels (the maximum recommended resolution for 17-inch monitors), then the screen will fit more useful information by 64%. This allows you to avoid frequent scrolling and prevent the shrinking of images.
Inexpensive and safe
The feature of modern 17-inch monitors is not only the low price but also their safety. Nine of the top ten models (last year there were six) meet the requirements of the TCO 95 standard developed by the Swedish Trade Union Confederation. This standard strictly regulates electromagnetic radiation standards and the use of harmful materials such as mercury.
As well, monitors with shorter tubes are becoming more and more popular, and this is not surprising. Such models with a screen diagonal of 19-inches take up as much space on the table as regular 15-inch monitors.
So, let’s imagine that you found your dream monitor. It boasts great color rendering, super focus, and a handy control panel.
Yet before you pay for the purchase, take a closer look at it:
- First, make sure that the display you like at the resolution of 1024E768 points can work with the frame scanning frequency without alternating at least 75 Hz.
- Then find out if your graphics card will be enough for the new monitor to work properly. If you are going to edit graphics in 24-bit color representation mode, the board should be equipped with a video school of at least 4 MB.
- Furthermore, pay attention to the vendor’s obligations. They should include at least one year of warranty for the components (including the tube) and three years for the work.
- Finally, it is better to buy a product where it can be returned within three to four weeks without explanation and get your money in full. This is especially important when buying a monitor because you can’t appreciate the quality of the image it provides until you connect it to your PC and work.
Making the right choice is not an easy task. And choosing something from the technique, and understanding the issue extremely superficially, is doubly difficult. Many buyers come to a store, relying on the competent advice of a seller. Unfortunately after, such buyers get not what’s better for them but what should be sold quicker. So, the seller wins in this situation. What about the buyer? We do hope that you will like our article, as we’ve done our best to observe the features of 17-inch monitors for you.